Most Recent Posts
- “I Want to Forgive But I Still Have Pain.”
- The “Little Way”of St. Therese a Cure for OCD?
- Reflections on Over the Hill + One Year
- When There are Decisions to be Made.
- In the Dead of Winter
- On the Visit of the Blessed Virgin Mary: She Shows up in the Most Surprising Places
- Feast Day of Our Lady of Lourdes Brings a Big Announcement
- On the Tragic Loss of a Child: The Feast of the Holy Innocents
- Another Senseless Tragedy?
- A Pilgrim by Blood and by Heart: On the Discovery of My Mayflower Roots This Thanksgiving
Monthly Archives: July 2012
The Big Lie. There are certain myths that a lot of people believe in this life. A big one is thinking that others in this life are having all the fun. It is the thought that perhaps all these others have … Continue reading
A job after school. It was during choir practice that the director came up to me and asked if I would be interested in working at the fast food restaurant that he had just started managing. I had not thought … Continue reading
A Multi-Tasking Person I have a particular appreciation for Saints who wear many hats. The Saint for July 23 had many vocations. She was a wife and a widow, a mother of eight children, a founder of a religious order, … Continue reading
These prayers as a devotional are recited daily (obtained from Fisheaters.com). Before each prayer: Pray one Our Father and one Hail Mary. First Prayer. O Jesus Christ! Eternal Sweetness to those who love Thee, joy surpassing all joy and all … Continue reading
A senseless tragedy The media has been dominated by the shocking news of a gunman in who presented himself before the theater of a midnight premier of the Batman movie, “Dark Knight Rises” and proceeded to throw canisters of gas … Continue reading
Obama’s campaign speech There has been a lot of controversy during the last few days over what Obama said to business owners in a campaign speech given in Roanoke, Virginia: …”look, if you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on … Continue reading
Love those mountains There is something very refreshing about going to the mountains. Perhaps it is the combination of fresh air, breathtaking views, being closer to the clouds, and the feeling of being on top of the world. The ascent … Continue reading