August 2017 M T W T F S S « Jul 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Most Recent Posts
- “I Want to Forgive But I Still Have Pain.”
- The “Little Way”of St. Therese a Cure for OCD?
- Reflections on Over the Hill + One Year
- When There are Decisions to be Made.
- In the Dead of Winter
- On the Visit of the Blessed Virgin Mary: She Shows up in the Most Surprising Places
- Feast Day of Our Lady of Lourdes Brings a Big Announcement
- On the Tragic Loss of a Child: The Feast of the Holy Innocents
- Another Senseless Tragedy?
- A Pilgrim by Blood and by Heart: On the Discovery of My Mayflower Roots This Thanksgiving
Category Archives: Holidays
That’s right, Mayflower roots. I could barely believe it myself. Those of you who have been following this blog know that my hobby is genealogy. Serendipitously I recently came across some information about a couple of ancestors from my Grandma Pearl Walker’s … Continue reading
Grandpa was quite the storyteller Grandpa was a man for stories. His tales were something that I thoroughly enjoyed as a wide-eyed kid. Sitting on his lap, I always wanted him to share the same ones over and over again. His … Continue reading
The Year of Faith October 11, 2012 to November 23, 2013 “…They called the church together and reported what God had done with them and how he had opened the door of faith…”(Acts 14:27). Pope Benedict XVI recently declared a … Continue reading
It has been the year of the patriot for me. In my genealogical research I have had breakthroughs in discovering several Revolutionary War ancestors this year. One in particular that caught my attention is my 4x great grandfather, John Darrow (1763-1854). John’s … Continue reading