Most Recent Posts
- “I Want to Forgive But I Still Have Pain.”
- The “Little Way”of St. Therese a Cure for OCD?
- Reflections on Over the Hill + One Year
- When There are Decisions to be Made.
- In the Dead of Winter
- On the Visit of the Blessed Virgin Mary: She Shows up in the Most Surprising Places
- Feast Day of Our Lady of Lourdes Brings a Big Announcement
- On the Tragic Loss of a Child: The Feast of the Holy Innocents
- Another Senseless Tragedy?
- A Pilgrim by Blood and by Heart: On the Discovery of My Mayflower Roots This Thanksgiving
Monthly Archives: June 2012
From the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops: O God our Creator, from your provident hand we have received our right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. You have called us as your people and given us the … Continue reading
It has been the year of the patriot for me. In my genealogical research I have had breakthroughs in discovering several Revolutionary War ancestors this year. One in particular that caught my attention is my 4x great grandfather, John Darrow (1763-1854). John’s … Continue reading
An excerpt from St. Josemaria Escriva’s work: “Christian teaching on pain is not a series of facile considerations. It is, in the first place, a call to accept the suffering inseparable from all human life. I cannot hide from you … Continue reading
Making your Amen Mean Amen In the Catholic Church saying AMEN is an affirmation of agreement.This word is pronounced before the reception of Holy Communion. An AMEN states that one fully stands by the Church and her teachings. AMEN has origins … Continue reading
Just the Facts News has emerged recently that the bones of St. John the Baptist might have been found. The bones include a knuckle, a tooth, part of a cranium, a rib, and an ulna. Although there is no way … Continue reading
Fascination with the Wallenda high wire walk I’m not sure why I am fascinated with the recent high wire walk by Nik Wallenda. For some reason, the whole event has been quite mesmerizing for me. The image of Wallenda balancing himself against the … Continue reading
The guy in the above YouTube Video tells his story of dying and going to hell (obtained from Bio network). There are a lot of things that can change people. Unfortunately, some things can actually make people worse. An example is … Continue reading